Aloha Koi Show 2018
Explore the beauty of koi
We’d like to invite you to the 11th Aloha Koi Show hosted at Waikiki Aquarium! Get access to hands-on seminars taught by world-class breeders and koi experts.
Explore the world of koi in a new way in the main seminar “You Be the Judge”. At first, you will judge koi (tank by tank) and evaluate each one’s beauty. Then Japanese breeders, Mr. Shigeru Mano and Mr. Takayoshi Omosako, will share how they judge koi and explain each koi’s beautiful traits. This seminar will definitely expand your view of the koi world.
See for yourself the beauty of Japanese koi and enjoy this family-friendly event.
Mr. Omosako is a second generation breeder of the farm.
Location: Waikiki Aquarium
Date: Feb. 17–18, 2018
Cost: Free with Waikiki Aquarium admission which is:
- $12 for non-members
- $8 for Kama’aina and military with ID
- $5 for senior citizens and juniors ages four to 12
- Free for children three and under and Friends of the Waikīkī Aquarium (FOWA)
- Adult two-day passes may be purchased for $18 and includes admission to the Aquarium exhibits and Koi Show for both days
Got questions? Call:
- Waikiki Aquarium at 808-440-9008
- Kodama Koi Farm at 808-354-7031
- 9 am–1 pm: “You Be the Judge” event
- 12:00–12:30 pm: “Koi Husbandry” seminar by Taro Kodama
- 1 pm: Judging seminar by Mr. Mano and Mr. Omosako
- 10 am: “Koi Handling” seminar by Joan Fujimoto and Hide Kodama
- 11 am: “Koi Varieties” seminar by Taro Kodama
- 12 pm: “History of Koi” seminar by James Kinney