Prepare a separate tub or tank for your koi to rest.
- Although it depends on the size of koi, a 100-300 gallon tank will do. You can use blue show tanks as well.
Fill the tank with:
- fresh dechlorinated water
- well water
- or better yet water from your existing pond, providing your existing pond stock is in good condition.
Filtration system for the tank is ideal.
- If you do not have a filtration system, provide sound aeration with an air pump.
Keep the water temperature at 72 F or more.
- If the tank was small enough, one or two aquarium heaters will do the job.
Please add salt to make 0.3% concentration. (3 lb salt per 100 gallon water)
Read all the details of koi care after receiving in your home.